Rawlins Davy (est. 1832) Solicitors & Mediators for Business and Private Clients.
Our pricing for bringing and defending claims for unfair or wrongful dismissal at work
Simple case: £6,000 to £10,000 (excluding VAT)
Medium complexity case: £10,001 to £15,000 (excluding VAT)
High complexity case: £15,001 to £25,000 (excluding VAT)
Factors that could make a case more complex:
- If it is necessary to make or defend applications to amend claims or to provide further information about an existing claim
- Defending claims that are brought by litigants in person
- Making or defending a costs application
- Complex preliminary issues such as whether the claimant is disabled (if this is not agreed by the parties)
- The number of witnesses and documents
- If it is an automatic unfair dismissal claim e.g. if you are dismissed after blowing the whistle on your employer
- Allegations of discrimination which are linked to the dismissal
The fees set out above cover all of the work in relation to the following key stages of a claim:
- Taking your initial instructions, reviewing the papers and advising you on merits and likely compensation (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change)
- Entering into pre-claim conciliation where this is mandatory to explore whether a settlement can be reached;
- Preparing claim or response
- Reviewing and advising on claim or response from other party
- Exploring settlement and negotiating settlement throughout the process
- preparing or considering a schedule of loss
- Preparing for (and attending) a Preliminary Hearing
- Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a bundle of
- Taking witness statements, drafting statements and agreeing their content with witnesses
- preparing bundle of documents
- Reviewing and advising on the other party’s witness statements
- agreeing a list of issues, a chronology and/or cast list
- Preparation and attendance at Final Hearing, including instructions to Counsel
The stages set out above are an indication and if some of the stages above are not required, the fee will be reduced and we will provide you with an estimate for the appropriate stage in this regard. You may wish to handle the claim yourself and only have our advice in relation to some of the stages. This can also be arranged on your individual needs.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees, Counsel’s fees and Expert fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
To meet our employment team please click below
We have prepared some information to give you a little extra help through the tribunal process, including a guide of how long an employment tribunal takes.
What Our Clients Say About Our Services
Rawlins Davy have helped us with a number of business legal services - they are professional, friendly and extremely helpful. Would certainly recommend them as the best Solicitors in Bournemouth.
A huge thank you to Rosemary Bowman for the highly efficient and professional way she handled the conveyancing of my late mother's property. Would happily recommend her services to anyone wanting a top-class Solicitor.