Rawlins Davy (est. 1832) Solicitors & Mediators for Business and Private Clients.
Sale of a leasehold property
Our fees cover all the work required to complete the sale of your home. Our scale of fees is set out below.
Legal fees are calculated according to the value of the property.
|Up to £150,000||£1075 plus VAT||Total £1290|
|£150,001 to £300,000||£1100 plus VAT||Total £1320|
|£300,001 to £500,000||£1125 plus VAT||Total £1350|
|£500,001 to £750,000||£1225 plus VAT||Total £1470|
|£750,001 to £1 million||£1675 plus VAT||Total £2010|
|In excess of £1 million||0.33% of purchase price plus VAT|
|Additional legal fee where sale includes discharging mortgage||£100 plus VAT Total||£120|
|Electronic money transfer fee||£30 plus VAT||Total £36|
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as office copy entries. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. There are certain disbursements which will be set out in the individual lease relating to the Property. The disbursements which we anticipate will apply are set out below.
|Office Copy entries||£20|
|Management Information Pack||£200-£300 according to the managing agent|
Our fee assumes that:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction.
- this is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise.
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- no indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.
Should one or more of the above arise we reserve the right to vary our fee from the scales above, but we will always seek your approval of any variation before additional fees are incurred.
To meet our residential property team please click below
For more information on selling a leasehold property, please read about how long the selling of a leasehold property take
What Our Clients Say About Our Services
Rawlins Davy have helped us with a number of business legal services - they are professional, friendly and extremely helpful. Would certainly recommend them as the best Solicitors in Bournemouth.
A huge thank you to Rosemary Bowman for the highly efficient and professional way she handled the conveyancing of my late mother's property. Would happily recommend her services to anyone wanting a top-class Solicitor.